Kidney Stone Laser Treatment Delhi, NCR & India
Surgery Available – Yes
Hospitalization Required – Yes, it depends on the type of disease and its treatment.
Lab Tests Facility – Available
Emergency Treatment – Available
In Patient Facilities – Available
Imaging Facility – Available
Same Day Appointment – Available
Recovery Rate – Recovery rates are high.
Thulium Laser is the latest technology to treat and remove kidney stones. It ensures fast recovery and the least amount of bleeding during kidney stone removal. It is the best kidney stone laser treatment available in Delhi at Dr. Ashish Saini’s Excel Advanced Urology Centre, R-13, Greater Kailash Part -1, New Delhi.
Meet Dr Ashish Saini - Best Sexologist / Urologist in Delhi, NCR and India
Dr Ashish Saini is the Best Sexologist in Delhi and the best Urologist in Delhi NCR. A Gold Medalist from AIIMS New Delhi, he has to his name various complex Urological and Sexology related surgeries done in large numbers in his 12+ years of experience. He has been awarded several times for his outstanding work done in his journey till now.
Dr Ashish Saini did his MBBS from India’s Prestigious medical college – King George Medical College (KGMC) Lucknow. Post MBBS completion, he completed his M. Ch in Urology from India’s Best Medical College – All India Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi.
Dr Ashish Saini has successfully completed 5200+ Urology and Sexology Surgeries. His patients are from all over the country and the world. Dr Ashish Saini is clearly the Best Sexologist and Urologist in Delhi, NCR and India because of his vast and versatile experience in the field of Urology and Sexology.
- Kidney Stone Laser Treatment
- FAQs About Kidney Stone Laser Treatment
- About Dr Ashish Saini
- Kidney Stone Treatment Case Studies
Dr Ashish Saini is an expert in the endourology treatments such as kidney stone laser treatments etc. Book Appointment Now to consult with him!
Kidney Stone Laser Treatment
Kidney stones are the crystal like formations formed in the kidney or anywhere in the urinary tract. They are mostly made up of calcium and oxalate compounds. Kidney stones are generally diagnosed due to a severe flank pain episode. If they are left untreated, then their size keeps on increasing as the time paases by.
Symptoms of Kidney Stone
- Blood in Urine (not common)
- Excruciating pain in flank and side/ Colicky Abdominal Pain
- Digestive symptoms (not common)
Risk Factors for Kidney Stones
- Less liquid consumption
- Frequent Urinary tract Infections
- Genetic predispositions of stone
Kidney Stone Laser Treatment
The treatment of Kidney stone depend on the size of the stone. If the size of the stone is less than 6 mm then the chances of it passing out in the urine stream is more than 40 percent. So the medicines are given to make the flow of urine stronger and to melt the stone away. If the stone is larger than the mentioned size, then some other measures are taken. Most common of them are –
- RIRS (Retrograde IntraRenal Surgery) – In this treatment, a scope is passed through the urethra to the bladder and then to the ureter. After that the scope enters into the kidney. Here the stone is broken down and removed with the help of tip baskets present at the end of the scope. No cuts or scars are included in this surgery as the natural urethral opening is used to remove the stone. It is the best procedure for stones of less than 2 cm in size.
- URS (Ureteroscopy) – In this treatment procedure, the scope is passed through the urethra to the ureter. After that the stone is removed after fragmenting it into various pieces with the help of laser. A stent is placed inside the ureter to allow easy flow of stone fragments. This stent is removed after about 4 weeks of procedure.
- PCNL (Percutaneous Nephrolithotripsy) – PCNL is a minimal invasive procedure recommended for larger kidney stones, that is more than 2 cm in size or complicated stones. A small puncture wound is made through the skin and the scope is passed through it. After the scope reaches the kidney, stone is broken down into small pieces. The stone is then taken out. A drainage tube is then attached to it to it.
To know more about kidney stone laser treatments or to get treated for kidney stones, book an appointment with Dr. Ashish Saini here.
Question 1. What is the difference between RIRS and URS treatment for kidney stones?
Answer. RIRS is recommended for kidney and upper ureter stones easily as the scope is flexible. URS is performed on the mid and lower ureter stones as the scope is rigid to pass upwards.
Question 2. When can I go home after kidney stone removal treatment?
Answer. Usually patient is discharged after 24 hours of the procedure.
Question 3. Is there any kind of restrictions in my daily life after stone removal?
Answer. No, there are no restrictions of any kind after you are healed and out of recovery.
Question 4. Which type of anesthesia is given in these kinds of surgeries?
Answer. It can be either General Anesthesia or regional anesthesia.