TURBT – Bladder Cancer Treatment Delhi, NCR & India
Surgery Available – Yes
Hospitalization Required – Yes, it depends on the type and stage of tumor.
Lab Tests Facility – Available
Emergency Treatment – Available
In Patient Facilities – Available
Imaging Facility – Available
Same Day Appointment – Available
Recovery Rate – Recovery rate is high, although it depends on the stage of cancer.
Meet Dr Ashish Saini - Best Sexologist / Urologist in Delhi, NCR and India
Dr Ashish Saini is the Best Sexologist and Urologist in New Delhi and NCR. A Gold Medalist from AIIMS New Delhi, he has to his name various complex Urological and Sexology related surgeries done in large numbers in his 12+ years of experience. He has been awarded several times for his outstanding work done in his journey till now.
Dr Ashish Saini did his MBBS from India’s Prestigious medical college – King George Medical College (KGMC) Lucknow. Post MBBS completion, he completed his M. Ch in Urology from India’s Best Medical College – All India Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi.
Dr Ashish Saini has successfully completed 5200+ Urology and Sexology Surgeries. His patients are from all over the country and the world. Dr Ashish Saini is clearly the Best Sexologist and Urologist in Delhi, NCR and India because of his vast and versatile experience in the field of Urology and Sexology.
- TURBT / Bladder Cancer Surgery & Treatment
- FAQs About Bladder Cancer
- About Dr Ashish Saini
- Bladder Cancer Treatment Case Studies
Bladder cancer has certain risk factors such as occupational Hazard (exposure to aromatic mines, dyes, metals, chemicals, etc), smoking etc.
Symptoms of Bladder Cancer
- Blood in Urine
- Urinary Urgency Incontinence (frequent urge to urinate)
- Painful urination
- Problem in emptying the bladder
How the Diagnosis of Bladder Cancer is made?
- CT scan
Treatment Options for Bladder Cancer – TURBT
- Endoscopic resection of tumor or TURBT – Transurethral Resection of Bladder is also known as TURBT, first and foremost treatment. It can be used to diagnose the nature of the tumor as well. In the TURBT procedure, an endoscope is passed in the bladder and the tumor is resected and taken out. This tumor is then sent to the lab to find out the nature of tumor and the stage of cancer. Further treatment depends upon the stage of the tumor and cancer.
- Radical cystectomy – If the tumor is in the advanced stage and has spread to the whole bladder, then the whole bladder is removed. The seminal vesicles and prostate are also removed along with the bladder depending upon the spread of the cancer. After the removal of bladder there are two options in the surgery
- Creation of Neobladder – In this technique, a part of the small intestine is used as a new bladder. The ureters are connected to this new bladder to give the patient a normal functioning bladder to store urine and void it when required.
- Creation of Ileal conduit – In this technique, the ureters are implanted in a part of the intestine. This part is then attached to the abdomen of the patient and an outlet is created. To this part, a urine bag is attached which can be emptied when required. The patient has to depend on the urine bag as a bladder.
The preferred method is the creation of neobladder as it gives the patient a better quality of life. It gives the patient almost normal functions of bladder.
- Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy – These are the method of choice when the patient can not undergo surgery. These are also used in conjunction with the surgery in case of very aggressive tumors. Intravesical chemotherapy is given in the form of mitomycin C.
- Immunotherapy – The immune system of the patient is boosted with the help of medications. This helps the patient in fighting with the cancer more effectively and efficiently. Also known as biological therapy. In this treatment, intravesical immunotherpay is given in the form of BCG.
To ask about bladder cancer treatment, TURBT or other details, Book an appointment with Dr. Ashish Saini here.
Question 1. How a bladder tumor is diagnosed?
Answer. It is diagnosed in a simple ultrasound test. After that, CT scan is done to find more details about the tumor and decide the line of action.
Question 2. How would I know about the stage of Tumor?
Answer. An idea about the stage of tumor is given at the time of CTscan imaging. However the proper details about malignancy and the cancer stage is provided after doing the TURBT procedure.
Question 3. Which Radical cystectomy procedure is better?
Answer. It depends upon the patient occupation and usually if counselling is done, patient can do well either with ileal conduit or with neobladder.
Question 4. Do I have to go through the screening after treatment?
Answer. Yes a screening after every three months is mandatory as the bladder cancer is known to reoccur.