Urethral Stricture Treatment in Delhi, NCR & India
Surgery Available – Yes
Hospitalization Required – It depends upon the procedure.
Lab Tests Facility – Available
Emergency Treatment – Available
In Patient Facilities – Available
Imaging Facility – Available
Same Day Appointment – Available
Recovery Rate – Recovery rates are high.
Meet Dr Ashish Saini - Best Sexologist / Urologist in Delhi, NCR and India
Dr Ashish Saini is the Best Sexologist in Delhi and the best Urologist in Delhi NCR. A Gold Medalist from AIIMS New Delhi, he has to his name various complex Urological and Sexology related surgeries done in large numbers in his 12+ years of experience. He has been awarded several times for his outstanding work done in his journey till now.
Dr Ashish Saini did his MBBS from India’s Prestigious medical college – King George Medical College (KGMC) Lucknow. Post MBBS completion, he completed his M. Ch in Urology from India’s Best Medical College – All India Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi.
Dr Ashish Saini has successfully completed 5200+ Urology and Sexology Surgeries. His patients are from all over the country and the world. Dr Ashish Saini is clearly the Best Sexologist and Urologist in Delhi, NCR and India because of his vast and versatile experience in the field of Urology and Sexology.
- Urethral Stricture Treatment
- About Dr Ashish Saini
- Urethral Stricture Treatment Case Studies
Urethral stricture is the narrowing of the opening of the urethra that creates problems in urination. Urethra is the opening from where people urinate. If this opening is scarred or blocked due to some reason then the flow of urine is hampered. The urethral stricture treatment must be provided as soon as possible otherwise the scar tissue keeps on hardening and the choice of non-invasive treatment is no longer available.
Symptoms of Urethral Stricture
- Painful voiding of Urine
- The urine doesn’t flow normally
- The stream of urine is not the same throughout
- The bladder is not emptied even after urinating
- Inability to empty the bladder completely
- A feeling of pressure or blockage while passing urine
- Urine comes out in spray or sprinkles
- Frequent Urinary tract Infections (UTI)
How the diagnosis of Urethral Stricture is made?
In most cases, the diagnosis is made based on the symptoms of the patient. After that a few tests are done (not all of them) to confirm the diagnosis of Urethral Strictures.
- Urine flow testing
- Physical examination to check for any swelling or infection
- Blood tests
Urethral Stricture Treatment
- Urethral Dilation by Endoscopic Urethrotomy – This is the best method of urethral stricture treatment and gives best result and patient satisfaction. A small wire like probe is inserted inside the urethra to clear any blockage and dilate the urethral opening.
- Catheter Placement – If the urethral dilation fails, then a permanent catheter is placed inside the urethra to help achieve normal urine flow. This catheter drains urine.
- Urethroplasty Surgical Treatment – This surgical option is for chronic urethral strictures who fail to respond to urethrotomy. In this procedure, the narrowed scarred tissue is removed. This tissue is then replaced by some donor tissue taken from the patient’s body.
- Appendicovesicostomy – In this surgery, appendix is used to create the connection between the bladder and the stomach skin. A puncture wound is created in the stomach (generally in navel) which then helps in voiding the urine by attachment of a urine bag or self-catheterisation by the patient.
Question 1. Which one is the best method for urethral stricture treatment?
Answer. Urethral Dilation by Endoscopic Urethrotomy is the method of choice for urethral stricture treatment.
Question 2. How much time does urethrotomy take?
Answer. It is just 35-40 minute procedure.
Question 3. What are the outcomes of urethral dilation treatment?
Answer. The urine flow is in the stream and the complete emptying of bladder takes place normally.
Question 4. Are there any stitches involved in the urethral dilation?
Answer. No, no stitches or cut are involved in the urethral dilation procedure which ensures faster recovery and complete patient satisfaction without any dependency.
– Pranjul Goyal