Peyronie Disease Treatment Delhi, NCR & India
Surgery Available – Yes
Hospitalization Required – it depends on the choice of treatment.
Lab Tests Facility – Available
Emergency Treatment – Available
In Patient Facilities – Available
Imaging Facility – Available
Same Day Appointment – Available
Recovery Rate – Recovery rates are high.
Meet Dr Ashish Saini - Best Sexologist / Urologist in Delhi, NCR and India
Dr Ashish Saini is the Best Sexologist in Delhi and the best Urologist in Delhi NCR. A Gold Medalist from AIIMS New Delhi, he has to his name various complex Urological and Sexology related surgeries done in large numbers in his 12+ years of experience. He has been awarded several times for his outstanding work done in his journey till now.
Dr Ashish Saini did his MBBS from India’s Prestigious medical college – King George Medical College (KGMC) Lucknow. Post MBBS completion, he completed his M. Ch in Urology from India’s Best Medical College – All India Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi.
Dr Ashish Saini has successfully completed 5200+ Urology and Sexology Surgeries. His patients are from all over the country and the world. Dr Ashish Saini is clearly the Best Sexologist and Urologist in Delhi, NCR and India because of his vast and versatile experience in the field of Urology and Sexology.
Peyronie disease causes painful erections in men due to the scar tissue on penis. The erections are mostly curved thereby creating a painful intercourse or complete inability to do it. The reason behind peyronie’s disease is trauma to the genital organs that heals in the form of scar or plaque.
Symptoms of Peyronie Disease
- Painful curved erections
- A scar tissue of lump can be felt inside the penis
- The bend is visible and self diagnosable by the patient
- Erectile dysfunction due to the curved erection
- Painful Intercourse
- Penis shortening may occur without treatment
How the Diagnosis of Peyronie Disease is made?
- By Physical examination by the andrologist
- By Ultrasound (usually not required)
Peyronie Disease Treatment
The main course of treatment for Peyronie disease is penile traction along with the supportive medications. The one medication for peyronie’s disease that is mostly given is collagenase Clostridium histolyticum (Xiaflex), it helps in reducing the scar buildup and helps in improving the curvature back to normal. Gentle stretching exercises are also taught to the patient after accessing the curvature.
The other effective options include
- Penile Traction – a particular amount of gentle traction is applied to the penis in order to achieve the erect shape and stretch the tighten muscle tissues.
- Penile Implants – These implants are surgically implanted inside the curved penis to achieve support and straight shape during erection. These can be of two types semi-rigid and inflatable. Inflatable penile implants are the best type of implants which mirror normal erection.
- Shockwave Therapy – low intensity sound waves are provided on the curvature for 20 minutes in each session.
Question 1. What is the best treatment option among all these?
Answer. That depends upon the amount of curvature and how chronic the problem is.
Question 2. When is surgery the method of choice for Peyronie’s disease?
Answer. When the patient is unable to have intercourse due to painful erections or curvature, surgery is considered.
Question 3. Do Penile traction work in peyronie’s disease?
Answer. Yes it does but more effective in young scar tissues.